Saturday, August 21, 2010

Amazing week!

It has been an amazing week! Although I only had three days of school, it went beautifully. My new 6th graders are adorable and so good! I ended up only getting 4 new 6th graders instead of the original 6 that were planned, but they are each so perfect I wish I could clone them all! My 7th graders and 8th graders were all here last year, but they have all grown 5 feet over summer, I swear. They all seemed to have grown up so much! and gotten so much more mature it's amazing. I am down to only 15 students, with a new one on Monday. It really is so beneficial the less students I have. They get so much more individual attention when there are less of them, and it so great. I have readers ranging from kindergarten reading level, to no reading, all the way to 8th grade levels. We are a wide range, but the kids are so helpful and nice to each other. I never want the kindness to end :) (pictures will come soon.. i promise)

In other news, Levi has registered for his first class! going back to school after such a long break is really hard, and I am so proud of him! I am excited for him to take this next step in his life, and he's going to do great!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad things went well with your first week with your six graders. I hope things continue to go so well. We also wish Levi good luck starting back at school.

Leah said...

Yay for Levi - the first step is the hardest. Way to go! I hope your class will remain small - tons more progress and success that way. Sixth graders can be so mean so I'm glad they're starting off on the kind side. Fun to read your blog.

Randy said...

Way to go Levi! Glad you've managed to get it started!

Dad

Allie Thornbrue said...

Wow, pretty impressive, Levi. And Chelsey, I used to teach junior high. I'm glad you've got good kids.