Sunday, May 23, 2010

Once again

Once again it has been a while. I don't have pictures to show, just news to report. I am not sure if all of you have heard, but since April 6th, I have been teaching. I am basically a "long term sub" but I have my own classroom! Its been very over whelming, but I have learned so much! I have 17 students, from grades 6-8, and its a special day class. My kids are so much fun, and we are having a great time! The great news that I just received is that I actually got the job for next year! I applied for the position, and they've decided to hire me. So next year I will actually be a real teacher! It is very exciting. It was a perfect thing to happen right before summer, right before my birthday and right before I am done with school (one more class this wednesday and then I am completely done)

Levi is getting totally into photography, and he's learning a lot! Look forward to some beautiful pictures by him!

I am not sure what else is new. The pups are wonderful, and Levi installed a ceiling fan for the first time ever today! and it works great :)

5 comments:

scooping it up said...

OK, I am dying to see Levi's pics. And congrats on the new job!!! So exciting. I did a long term sub stint for one year and then was offered the job for the next year. But then I had a baby and ruined it. :) That's awesome Chelsey.

Randy said...

Way to go Chelsey! In this economy; especially in CA it is amazing that you have a job at all, let alone one in your field. Good luck! PS: I just got a camera upgrade for work. Not sure if I can ever equal my kids in terms of artistic talent though...

Sariah Marie Hafen said...

That sounds great! Congratulations you must have made a good impression this year! By the way one day we have to meet ;)

Grandma Pearl said...

Chelsey and Levi,
It was great news hearing about your new job!!! That is so spcial.
We look forwrd to seing some more pictures of yur classs room, students and of course you and Levi + the anim als.
Love,
Grandma Peaarl

Jarom and Melissa said...

Congratulations. That's exciting to have your own classroom. Good luck!