Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hawaii

recently we went to Hawaii. (mom and dad... let me know where your going and I'll let you know what to do and what not to do)

anyways, we spent all our time on maui near lahina and kannapanli. I went snorkeling every day in the morning and in the afternoon. We did kayaking, drove around the island. Surfed. Went to a luau. and chelsey was stung by a jellyfish.



sea turtles are all over the place. we also saw 5 reef sharks. they were about 3 feet away and they were about 6ft long. I saw 2 octopus..octupi? one the size of a base ball and one the size of a duffel bag.

This was some botanical garden.

View from our luau. we were staying 2 miles up the because from here.

This was out beach in front of the time share.

This was a snorkel walk in spot on our beach. i saw the most sea turtles here and the most fish.

12 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Great pictures. Jarom and I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. Maybe we still will. You'll have to let us know what to do and what to see. Hope you had a great time.
-- Melissa

Jarom and Melissa said...

This is MOM... What beautiful pictures! Thanks for taking the time to update your blog. You two look so cute in your sun glasses.

Randy said...

Hey guys, Dad here checking in from Japan. Loved the turtle picture. Was that one of those underwater disposables? COOL! We don't know where we're going but I should get details soon. We'll talk as soon as I get back because once the e-mail comes for signing up for excursions then I have to sign up immediately or lose the spot. Love you guys!

-Dad/Papa Randy

Allie Thornbrue said...

"Dude. Duuude." If you ask my kids what a turtle says, that is what they will tell you.

Allie Thornbrue said...

Hey, Levi, I just noticed something for the first time when I enlarged that picture of you and Chelsey. You have the Grandpa Jerry/Randy upper lip. Meaning...ummm...you're a good kisser?

Jarom and Melissa said...

how the H would allie know that Grandpa Jerry and dad are good kissers? Honestly, that is the weirdest things I've heard all week.

Gross

Jarom

Jarom and Melissa said...

The botanic gardens look so sweet.

Jarom

Allie Thornbrue said...

Okay, Jarom totally missed the joke. I meant the lip looks the same, but it doesn't really matter. In other words, I was pointing out that my comment was irrelevant so I came up with something dumb that their lips were good for.

Jarom and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jarom and Melissa said...

When I was camping in Mexico a couple of years ago Will and I got stung by jelly-fish. It was like a bee sting times ten. Lucky it was just on my shoulder and not the face or something more painful.

scooping it up said...

You guys look hot. We haven't been to Maui, just Kauai and Oahu- that would be my next wish. Awesome pic of the sea turtle. Allie's comment was funny and Jarom's comment was funnier. I think we should use Levi's blog to argue as a family.

Grandma Pearl said...

Levi and Chelsey,
I wanted to look at your blog again to see how the pictures were different from your parents and wow you really took some great photos and I'm sorry it took me so long to enjoy them.
Love,
Grandma Pearl